Preventative Maintenance (PM) Technician
Cranbourne West, Victoria
The Bystronic Group is a worldwide leading supplier of systems for industrial sheet metal processing. In over 30 countries, our customers appreciate the outstanding commitment of our more than 3500 employees. We continuously work on the further development of our solutions and thereby create a unique added value for our customers. In addition to innovation, our success is based on openness and commitment. Experience our qualities as an employer for yourself and start your success story with Bystronic.
About the Role:
Bystronic Australia have a great opportunity for two Preventative Maintenance Technicians to be responsible for providing preventative maintenance support for Bystronic Laser or Press Brake machines installed at customer sites.
The Preventative Maintenance Technician will be responsible for conducting
routine maintenance tasks and inspections to ensure the proper functioning and longevity of our equipment and machinery. You will be preventing breakdowns, reduce downtime and maintain optimal performance levels.
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic individual for this permanent full-time position.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure maximum equipment uptime is achieved by completing effective and efficient mechanical preventative maintenance on customers’ machines.
- Perform regular inspections and tests on machinery to identify any potential issues. Identify faulty or worn-out components and replace them with new ones to maintain equipment functionality and prevent major breakdowns.
- Training will be provided and for the right person, there will be the opportunity for growth within the company.
- Display excellent communication skills to manage day-to-day tasks.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work
performed, parts used, and equipment condition.
- Ensure that all work meets all company safety standards and conforms to
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills to identify and troubleshoot faults to rectify problems.
- Be a proactive team member who shows initiative.
- Preferably trade-qualified machine operator who is looking for a challenging role to work in the servicing field.
- Mechanical trade qualifications and/or post-trade experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Bystronic machines is highly advantageous.
- Experience in maintenance/repair in a fast-paced modern manufacturing
environment is beneficial.
- Rebuilding and servicing equipment experience.
- A disciplined ability to work safely and autonomously in a team environment.
- Great organisational skills, attention to detail and enthusiasm to represent
Benefits of working for Bystronic Australia:
Our culture is driven by innovation, openness, and commitment to our customers, to our colleagues and to our company. We offer a wide range of development opportunities, the highest technology standards, and innovation in the industry.