Area Sales Manager
Bystronic Italia S.r.l. in Fizzonasco (MI)
Who we are. What we do.
We are Bystronic – a global technology company passionate about creating an impact for a sustainable future with sheet metal and beyond.
We want to work with people who support us in creating innovative solutions to move our industry forward. Our focus is on automating the complete material and data flow of the laser cutting and bending process chain.
- Maintains relationships with regional Bystronic customers and continuously assess their needs for new equipment, software, education etc
- Identifies, contacts and develops new prospects
- In alignment with management, define and execute local sales strategy to grow business
- Drives machine sales process from identification stage of Customer’s needs to final order and effectively utilize internal resources such as Technical Sales Support and Project Management
- Prepares and executes machine demonstrations in collaboration with reference customer and/or Bystronic demo responsible
- Provides fact base for and supports the creation of local area sales budget
- Ensures high activity level, incl. customer visits, prospect contacts, customer demos, with the target that all accounts in the region are visited and contacted on a regular basis in order to never miss out a business opportunity
- Proactively communicates development and changes in market, competitor activities and customer preferences such as product features, education materials, etc
- Recognized as a role model by peers and management, within subsidiary as well as market
- Delivers results on both short and long term business drivers, such as:
- Order Entry for new machinery
- Activity KPIs, incl. customer interaction, new prospect development, demos
- Contributes to customer satisfaction
- Displays strong sales skills and business oriented behaviour, in areas such as:
- Target and customer orientation
- Open, honest and sincere communication
- Understanding for targets and actions of Bystronic Sales business
- Business Acumen; knows how businesses work and understands the drivers for customers’ investment decisions and support need, incl. differences between customers depending on industry, value chain, etc.
- True professional, self-motivated businessman with strong drive and passion for sales with solid commercial mind-set and strong technical interest
- Ideally located in North Italy (Piemonte, Lombardia or Emilia Romagna)
- Basic business acumen and finance skills, understanding both customer satisfaction & financial drivers
Competitive, determined to succeed, ability to support others to succeed.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully; is consistently performing, even in a challenging environment
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 80% of the time within the specific region plus occasionally outside
English language skills in addition to local language within geography
- Task & project management skills, basic PC skills (CRM software, Excel and PowerPoint, BI Tools)
- Secondary school level, higher education is a merit however not mandatory for this position
- Minimum of 10 years industrial sales experience (sheet metal and/or production equipment is a plus)
- Good understanding of the local manufacturing industry
- Proven sales track record
People power our purpose
Imagine working in an environment that helps move the company to the next level, where your passion, values, and skills are integral to impacting the sheet metal industry and beyond. At Bystronic, this can become your reality. Our people are the edge to drive and nurture our ambitions and continued success. Together we have created a culture where our people are central, inspiring us to make decisions that best serve them and are aligned with our purpose.
As much as we are in a technology business, human beings drive real change.
Please send your application letter and resume to HR.IT-Recruiting@bystronic.com.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Bystronic in case of questions at +39 0362 5993 1
Thank you for your understanding that we will only contact you if you are selected for the first round of interviews.
We look forward to working with you!