Service Operations Manager
Who we are. What we do.
We are Bystronic – a global technology company passionate about creating an impact for a sustainable future with sheet metal and beyond.
We want to work with people who support us in creating innovative solutions to move our industry forward. Our focus is on automating the complete material and data flow of the laser cutting and bending process chain.
What drives this department
The Service Department is a trusted partner to our clients worldwide. We put our customers first, aspire to truly understand their priorities, and then apply cutting-edge solutions to meet these needs. Our Service team of dedicated and passionate professionals wants to create an outstanding customer experience.
By assisting our customers in operating their businesses, we enable their prosperity while at the same time empower of our staff. Knowing that our contributions have a positive effect is incredibly satisfying.
What you will be doing
- Leading and fostering the Bystronic culture and values. Creating a positive and inclusive working environment for all team members.
- Promoting the objectives and targets of the Service Business Unit and Bystronic UK
- Building up and maintaining strong relationship with the Service Manager and other Service Department Managers
- Setting clear development plans for Service Team Managers. Working with Service team managers to establish development plans for Service Technicians
- Reviewing current and forthcoming activities to establish capability requirements and performing GAP analysis of current skills and experience to determine training and development needs.
- Planning and providing training for Service Team Managers and Service Technicians
- PXP analysis of team members. Identification and development of talented individuals
- Ensuring all Service technicians have the right Tools and Equipment to enable them to complete their activities safely and as efficiently as practicable.
- Responsibility of all service technician recruitment an onboarding
- Responsibility to ensure customer satisfaction through the continual focus on NPS, FTFR. Direct responsibility for Engineer satisfaction (ES) KPI
Your education & experience
- Higher level of education, university degree in business-related/technical subject preferred and equivalent time served experience in similar role
- Significant experience in a field service environment, ideally with 2+ years of management experience directing multiple field service professionals
- Proven track record in a service environment. Applicable product & industry knowledge and affinity with industrial customer solutions, technology and services
What else you can bring to the table
- Ability to work closely with other Service Department Managers to deliver the Financial and Performance targets of the Service Business Unit and Bystronic UK
- Resilient, determined to succeed, passionate in supporting others to succeed.
- Ability to plan effectivity but also to react efficiently and decisively to changing circumstances
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in service delivery; acts with customers in mind
- Willingness to travel up to 50% throughout the UK, occasionally outsideills
What’s in it for you
We offer a wide range of responsibilities, development opportunities. We support and develop our employees to enhance their career and develop their skills & knowledge. In return for your efforts & results, we offer an attractive compensation & benefits package.
People power our purpose
Imagine working in an environment that helps move the company to the next level, where your passion, values, and skills are integral to impacting the sheet metal industry and beyond. At Bystronic, this can become your reality. Our people are the edge to drive and nurture our ambitions and continued success. Together we have created a culture where our people are central, inspiring us to make decisions that best serve them and are aligned with our purpose.
As much as we are in a technology business, human beings drive real change.
Does this versatile challenge appeal to you? Then we look forward to getting to know you! You can submit your application on our platform with just a few clicks.
We look forward to receiving your online application
Paulina Mazur, Global TA Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)