Area Sales Manager
Home Office, remote in Northern Ireland
The Bystronic Group is a worldwide leading supplier of systems for industrial sheet metal processing. In over 30 countries, our customers appreciate the outstanding commitment of our more than 3500 employees. We continuously work on the further development of our solutions and thereby create a unique added value for our customers. In addition to innovation, our success is based on openness and commitment. Experience our qualities as an employer for yourself and start your success story with Bystronic.
Office location: Home Office, remote in Northern Ireland
- Maintaining relationships with regional Bystronic customers and continuously assess their needs for new equipment, software, education etc
- Identifying, contacting and developing new customer prospects
- Driving machine sales process from need identification stage to final order and effectively utilize internal resources such as Sales Support and Project Management
- Preparation and execution of machine demonstrations in collaboration with reference customer and/or Bystronic demo responsible
- Providing fact base for and supports the creation of local area sales budget
- Delivering high activity level, incl. customer visits, prospect contacts, customer demos, with the target that all accounts in the region are visited and contacted on a regular basis in order to never miss out a business opportunity
- Proactively sharing development and changes in market, competitor activities and customer preferences such as product features, education materials, etc.
Your background & skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands on experience with direct sales in metal sheet or capital machinery industries
- A good background in electro-mechanical engineering
- Proven track record in achieving/exceeding sales targets and market development in capital machinery sector
- Strong in networking skills, negotiation skills & strategic prospecting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Task & project management skills, basic PC skills (CRM software, Excel and PowerPoint, BI Tools)
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 80% of the time within the specific region plus occasionally outside
What we offer:
We offer a wide range of responsibilities, development opportunities. We support and develop our employees to enhance their career and develop their skills & knowledge. In return for your efforts & results, we offer an attractive compensation & benefits package.