Who we are. What we do.
We are Bystronic – a global technology company passionate about creating an impact for a sustainable future with sheet metal and beyond.
We want to work with people who support us in creating innovative solutions to move our industry forward. Our focus is on automating the complete material and data flow of the laser cutting and bending process chain.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a dynamic and customer-oriented personality as
Laser & Project Technician (worldwide)
In a nutshell
We are the linchpin for our customers and play a central role in the success of the project by providing expert technical support for the commissioning and installation of our systems.
What drives this department
The service department is a reliable partner for our customers worldwide. We put our customers first, strive to understand their priorities and then apply innovative solutions to meet those needs. Our service team is made up of dedicated and passionate experts who strive to create an outstanding customer experience.
By supporting our customers' operations, we promote their success while strengthening the skills of our employees. It fills us with satisfaction to know that our contributions have such a positive impact.
What you will be doing
- You will be responsible for the worldwide installation and commissioning of our customers' laser cutting systems
- You will also provide technical support directly to our customers and our subsidiaries on site
- (troubleshooting, fault rectification, maintenance and repair work)
- You will also carry out CNC / PLC / PC software updates / downgrades
- Occasionally you will conduct on-site training courses at the customer's premises in German or English or ensure the transfer of knowledge to colleagues from 1st level support or the subsidiaries
Your education & experience
- You have a basic technical education and already have experience as a service technician in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of CNC and machine software as well as knowledge of the MS Office suite is also required
- It would also be perfect if you already have experience with electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
What you need to succeed
- You have a keen interest in machines and technology and are fascinated by the growth of a customer project.
- You are open to traveling worldwide up to 90% with project assignments of approx. 2 to 6 months each
- To carry out the job, you need very good written and spoken German and English, and other languages are an advantage
- A category B driver's license is also required
What’s in it for you
- We offer you freedom and trust: The opportunity to take responsibility and shape your work
- You meet international and interdisciplinary projects and collaboration and a great, committed, high-performing team with mutual feedback
- We are a fast-growing, international company that is fully committed to innovation, and we cultivate a positive, open corporate culture
- Enjoy our flexible work model (hybrid work)
- Actively shape your future: strong focus on personal and professional development and the opportunity to continuously develop yourself (internal and external trainings)
People power our purpose
Imagine working in an environment that helps move the company to the next level, where your passion, values, and skills are integral to impacting the sheet metal industry and beyond. At Bystronic, this can become your reality. Our people are the edge to drive and nurture our ambitions and continued success. Together we have created a culture where our people are central, inspiring us to make decisions that best serve them and are aligned with our purpose.
As much as we are in a technology business, human beings drive real change.
Does this versatile challenge appeal to you? Then we look forward to getting to know you! You can submit your application on our platform with just a few clicks.
We look forward to receiving your online application
Sarah Fasnacht, HR Business Partner